Susanne von Itter
European Association of Development
Research and Training Institutes (EADI)
EADI - European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes
EADI, the European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes, is the leading European network in the field of Development Studies: With more than 100 institutional members in more than 25 countries it.organises activities and provides platforms for international networking and exchange with a strong interdisciplinary focus. EADI’s flagship events are the General Conferences every three years which bring together the wider Development Research community around a specific topic. The official languages of EADI are English and French.
EADI is the prime professional association for development studies. As such it promotes:
- Quality in research and education in development studies,
- The exchange of relevant information among members and with others,
- The strengthening of relevant knowledge networks at the regional and global level,
- Influencing both national and European decision-makers in the development cooperation field.
- To generate and stimulate and exchange of information among European academics and researchers concerned with development issues
- To promote interdisciplinary studies on specific themes
- To develop contacts with researchers from other regions of the world