EASSH is placed under the collegial responsibility of the Governing Board composed of nine members (as of November 2016): three elected members representing the college of founders (Poul Holm - Chair, Olivier Bouin, Theo Wubbels - Treasurer) three elected members representing the College of European associations and institutions (Patrick O'Donovan- IHA, Cristina Pimenta - Carmen, Frank Welz - ESA and three advisors (Andrew Sors, Marta Soler-Gallart and Monica Dietl. The Director is Gabi Lombardo.
Founders (as of January 2015)
- Olivier Bouin, RFIEA / NetIAS – Networks of Institutes for Advanced Study
- Jon Deer, RISE – Raising the Impact of the Socio-Economic Sciences
- Didier Georgakakis, European Confederation of Political Science Association
- Elena Gonzalez-Bianco - European Association of Digital Humanities - EADH
- Poul Holm, ECHIC - European Consortium of Humanities Institutes and Centers
- Wolfgang Mackiewicz, European Language Council / Conseil européen pour les langues
- Milena Zic-Fuchs, HERA – Humanities in the European Research Area
- Angela Schindler-Daniels, net4society
- Theo Wubbels, European Educational Research Association - EERA
A special acknowledgement in supporting EASSH is due to the Foundation Maison des Sciences de l'Homme (France) and to the University of Bergen (Norway).