This policy explains what types of personal information may be gathered when you visit the EASSH website, and how this information will be used.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data contributed voluntarily by member organizations:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, institutional address)
By supplying this information you are consenting to EASSH holding and using it for the purposes for which it was provided. Information provided will be kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil that purpose.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide EASSH with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register to become a member of EASSH
- Correspond with EASSH by post or via email
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
We may also collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our webmasters.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality — EASSH uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics — EASSH uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How will we use your data?
EASSH collects your data so that we can:
- Maintain membership records
- Email you with information concerning the activities of EASSH or to seek your participation in EASSH projects and member consultations
- Monitor statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns which do not identify any individual. These data allow us to ensure that our web content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for other users
How do we store your data?
EASSH securely stores your data on servers in compliance with relevant legislation, directives and regulations. Data is also stored securely at its offices using computers with the requisite security and privacy protections.
EASSH will keep your membership data for the period of your membership. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing it from our database, unless you wish to remain informed of EASSH public activities.
EASSH would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access — you have the right to request copies of your personal data
- The right to rectification — you have the right to request that EASSH correct any information you believe is inaccurate
- The right to erasure you have the right to request that EASSH erase your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that EASSH restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing — you have the right to object to EASSH processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com.